There are a number of devices and appliances in our homes that we may not realize are causing a strain on our homes electrical system. Easily, we may dismiss flickering lights or an appliance running poorly. We don’t realize we are using extension cords in nearly every outlet or that we are running to the breaker panel often. These symptoms are not user error, or the appliance itself, but the electrical panel not functioning properly. When the electrical panel malfunctions, several issues can occur. You or a loved one can be shocked if the panel’s breaker did not trip properly, or wires can overheat and cause a fire. If your electrical panel is overlooked, these issues can become damaging and fatal to you, your family, and your property. Have a licensed and insured professional to asses upgrading your electrical panel is a necessary step to providing you are your loved ones with a safe environment. This is where the professional Portland electricians at LaPlante Electric come in.