A permanently installed Generac home backup generator protects your home automatically. It runs on natural gas or liquid propane (LP) fuel, and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit. A home backup generator delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your entire home or just the most essential items.
A Generac generator operates automatically, and gives you peace of mind in an increasingly uncertain world. We highly recommend them.
Generac Guardian Whole-Home Generators
Generators to power any size home
The first step in determining what size backup generator you need, is to decide if you want to power your whole house, essential circuits or somewhere in between. It’s a good idea to make a list of the items that you feel are essential and itemize them in order of importance.
A common misconception about home standby generators is that one-size fits all. The size of your home, as well as the efficiency of the components within, play a big part in calculating the size of the standby generator you need.
Our Most Popular Generator Sizes:
- 14 kilowatt
- 18 kilowatt
- 22 kilowatt
- 24 kilowatt
All Generac Generators Include
- Mobile Link Remote Monitoring – Monitor the status of your generator from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or PC. Connect your account to LaPlante’s system for friendly and proactive service. Your generator is also Alexa Smart Home compatible.
- Quiet-Test Self-Test Mode – During their 5-12 minute self-test, Generac generators run at a lower RPM, making them significantly quieter than other models. So quiet, you’ll forget you have it until you need it.
- Generac G-Force Engine – Get more reliable power and less required maintenance, with a purpose-built, pressure-lubricated engine capable of handling the rigors of generator use.
- True Power Technology – Provide clean, smooth power to your sensitive electronics and appliances with less than 5% total harmonic distortion.
- Tough, Durable, All-Aluminium Enclosure – Your generator is protected from Mother Nature with Generac’s RhinoCoat powder-coated aluminium enclosure, with a hinged key locking roof panel for security.
- User-Friendly Controls – Generac’s controller includes a multilingual LCD display allowing you to monitor battery status and track maintenance.
- Solid-State, Frequency Compensated Voltage Regulation – Your generator responds quickly to changing load conditions by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine resulting in digital voltage regulation at ±1%.
- Compact and Attractive – Eye-appealing installations, as close as 18″ from a structure.
- Remote Mounted Transfer Switch (optional) – We install fully automatic transfer switches, that can be near your existing electrical panel and installed inside or outside your home.
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
Generac Generators are engineered and assembled in the USA.
Why Get a Generator?
How does a generator keep your family secure?
Standby generators have an automatic transfer switch to monitor utility power and detect when power service has been interrupted. When a power failure hits Maine, the automatic transfer switch turns the generator on and supplies the necessary power- whether you’re home or not—and automatically shuts off the standby generator when power is restored.
Every week, a Generac generator starts itself for a brief test run, ensuring that all components are always prepared to take over power, at a moment’s notice. You can be confident of your standby generator’s readiness if a Maine ice storm knocks out your power.
What will a standby or backup generator do for you?
During a Maine storm or power failure, a backup generator allows you to continue using essential appliances such as heaters and refrigerators, as well as lights, computers and other critical items. A standby generator is powered by your natural gas or liquid propane gas supply, so run time is not limited by the size of a gasoline or diesel fuel tank, unlike a portable generator.
Standby generators automatically power your home or business during a power outage without lifting a finger. No refueling. No extension cords.